With more than 50 highly specialized staff members, including doctoral- and master’s-level supervisors, certified brain injury specialists, and licensed and credentialed professionals, the May Center School is uniquely qualified to meet the needs of the students in our care.
Using an individualized approach based on each student's strengths, needs, and preferences, our caring and highly trained professional staff members have helped hundreds of students reach their potential for nearly 25 years. We successfully serve students with a broad range of abilities, including those with the most difficult learning and neurobehavioral challenges.
Our school and residential programs are staffed by specialists and teachers specifically trained in the treatment of brain injury and other neurobehavioral disorders.
Our school team includes:
- Doctoral-level clinical leadership with board certification in behavior analysis (BCBA)
- Certified brain injury specialists (CBIS)
- Professionally licensed special education teachers
- On-site nursing staff
- On-site physical therapists
- On-site occupational therapists
- On-site speech therapists
- Vocational/employment training specialists
- Educational Technology Consultant
- On-site licensed, clinical social worker
- Consulting psychiatrist, orthotist, and other professionals from major teaching hospitals and universities
Members of our senior leadership team include:
Alice Shillingsburg, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Senior Vice President, Applied Verbal Behavior;
Assistant Director, National Autism Center
Andrea Potoczny-Gray, M.Ed., CBIS
Jennifer Derderian, M.S., M.Ed., LABA, BCBA
Jennifer M. Mento, MSPT, MBA, CBIS
Director of Rehabilitation and Health Services
Joanie C. Willard, LICSW, BCBA, CBIST
Director of Family Services
Kristen Molinski, M.Ed., CBIS
Director of Education
Jill Fitzgerald-Sugrue, R.N.
Director of Nursing Services
Donald L. Sherak, M.D.